Welcome to the Jain International School, Bilaspur
For the third sequential school year, the rhythms of our schools are being interrupted by a global pandemic - a pandemic that has laid bare existing imbalances across almost every relevant metric.
Schools across the country have reopened and, in doing so, have once again revealed the complex interplay between health and education. We have strictly mandated all government protocols. Our teachers have once again found themselves in the middle of public health debates and remediating learning loss. We try to balance academic and extracurricular skills with scheduled programs & competitions.
Many students and staff lost their loved ones, in few cases both the parents! Everyone is in a financial crisis and the big question is how to go forward for everyone.What are your concerns as we start? This may remain with us for few more years, and we have to keep going now. Please accept,
Key takeaways for parents and teachers from here:
1. Slow down. Don’t rush to respond to pressures generated by concerns over the academic loss. Lead with talking, engaging, and playing. We`ll continue to support you.
2. Truly take care of yourself. Put on your mask, get your jabs and then you can focus on helping others.
3. Teach kids to be honest in online exam, the principle for their life & future.
4. Balance concerns about physical health, mental health, and academic health. It is not either/or. The concerns and challenges are substantial, can resolve to address them together.
5. Create psychologically safe spaces for students. Rates of anxiety and depression skyrocketed during the pandemic. Additionally, more than 40,000 children are estimated to have lost a parent during the pandemic. Mental health needs to be at the forefront of discussions around helping students succeed. Keep your family disputes at the lowest to support kids now.
We will continue to strive online and offline as time demands. It's my privilege to announce this year; our students are getting admissions into top universities of the U.S., Canada & U.K. like the PENN state, Manchester, Stanford… for undergraduate programs; it will continue in years to come.
We believe in educational `EQUITY` - giving every child what he/she needs to succeed at an agreed-upon level. Once the school roll back to its routine, we`ll access the learning gap and will share the result with every parent along with our plan to fill `Learning Gaps`.
Let's thrive in 2021-22 for better teaching and learning, a better discipline portfolio, and more fantastic academic results.
Be safe & protect everyone.
Dr. S.V. JOHN
Director (Academic) & Principal